1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Dog Show Crosses The Line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 21, 2009.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm an XM guy and I will be for the foreseeable future. I love the MLB games and my commute is 45 minutes each way. I love it.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Who knew Russo still had a show

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't hear him say it, but since that's a joke that has been making the rounds since 1997, I think Lange probably just told it for shock value.

If you thought his Uecker story was funny on Letterman, you should have heard the uncensored version that he and Norm MacDonald told on Stern. I almost crashed my car I was laughing so hard.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Did he say the word and you just didn't print it, or did he just leave it go and let listeners use their imaginations?
    Offensive either way, more much more if he said it.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Youtube Artie Lange and the Ash Wednesday story.

Lange is fantastic as is Dell'Abate and Fred. Without them, Stern does not have a show, and he knows it. Lange is a newer addition, but his stories and addictions have greatly improved the show.

I have never seen the value of Robin.

6. 93Devil

They say everything on Sirius. Stern dropped a "punt" or two on there yesterday.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes - he used the word and everyone laughed.

Dog did not have the balls to tell Lange how offensive it was.

Once word gets around it won't help him get minority athletes on his program.

Imus was fired for less.

8. 93Devil

You are right.

Lange probably would have been blasted by Stern for that one.

Stern is on vacation so I don't know if this will be mentioned.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone other than Boom listen to Chris Russo on satellite radio?

I just googled every term possible related to it, to see what others are saying, and I didn't come up with any reference to it.

10. 93Devil

I do very little. I actually turned to it this morning and the guy on there was trying to say that fans should hate the handshake following the end of an NHL series because it shows friendship when the teams should have each other. I quickly flipped.

Stern and Click and Clack are the only consistently entertaining things on talk radio. I will stop if a good guest is on which ESPN and Russo seem to have much more than other stations.

I will say that I do not listen to much more other than that. I like music too much.

Draft saved Draft deleted