1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mad Dog Show Crosses The Line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 21, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I don't listen to many music stations....and basically only listen to the radio while driving to work. For me, it just wouldn't be worth the cost, even if it was only $5.

I'm happy you like it...and I do like the fact there is an alternative to free radio.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He said the whole word??

Did anyone actually laugh?

What a shithead.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes - the full word and everybody laughed - a bit uncomfortably.Yet MD concludes bit by saying "Artie you're the best".

It's one thing for tasteless stuff on Stern but another on a national sports radio program. I just don't see how Russo could allow anyone to appear on his program and tell a tasteless racial joke about anyone let alone one of the greatest minority athletes ever.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I can't believe Artie Lange, who IMO is about the funniest thing going, would tell a joke that lame.

5. KG

KG Active Member

That was a terrible joke.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Made worse by the fact that Mad Dog did not call him on it.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Are those Vick's dogs?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

No. Vick's dogs would be dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

XM is great for sports fans. Get to listen to every MLB game, a ton of college football/basketball games --- hell, you can even listen to golf if you want to (although I can't believe there are people that actually do).

If you drive a lot, like I do, it's a terrific investment.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Sirius XM: Very good product, shitty business model. There's a reason its stock trades at around $0.35. (And a few months ago was a measly nickel per share.)

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Same for me and my Sirius.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Mike and the Mad Dog= Sum greater than its parts. The new show with Fatso by himself is awful. At least when MD was there, you could listen just for the comedy factor. They should just reconsile and get back together.

Draft saved Draft deleted