1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mackenzie Phillips & Her Papa: A Love Story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, and I wasn't in that Facebook girl's "love cave," either. Guess I just missed it.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Ewwww, Ewwww, Ewwww. Heard about this last night. I had to read the story several times just to digest it. Still cannot believe its true. How blitzed must you be to even consider that?

(not to excuse dad's behavior, but McKenzie looks like she's about 80 years old.)

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wonder what Michelle might have to say.

And damn, Chynna still looks gooooooood. :)

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Was skimming and thought you missed the ref, not Xan. Apologies.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Michelle says "You should take with a grain of salt anything that's said by a person who has had a needle stuck in their arm for 35 years. The whole story is disgusting."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/6632959.html

6. Songbird

Yeah, I tend to agree with Michelle.

Mackenzie just needs some cash (I'm thinking she got paid $50K to whip up the sordid tale) to refuel herself.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yeesh.

I wonder what the ceremony was like.

"Is there anyone who objects to this marriage, speak now or -- bang your daughter while you're loopy on smack."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And no one's getting fat, except Mama Cass

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Okay, stop it. Whicker is not a creep. Bad idea, bad column, not a bad guy.

10. Songbird

Yeah, I wouldn't call him a creep. Just a bad column.

Take it from someone who wrote a preview of something coming to town, and got fired for it, even though what I wrote was edited for the paper.

I'm not a bad person, just made a poor choice (although when I think back now, it really wasn't all that bad).

Nevertheless, I think it's the same thing for Mark. I'm pretty sure he'll never, ever broach a column like this again.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just awesome.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jesus, I can't turn away from this trainwreck on Oprah LAY OFF ME IT WAS ON THE TEEVEE BECAUSE MY WIFE WAS TIVOING HER SOAP BEFOREHAND.

I'm not sure what would be more disturbing: If this is all true, or if she's making it up.

Either way she's FUBAR.

Draft saved Draft deleted