1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mack Brown can sit on his horns down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

No. 47, was that Bozworth?

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The ones that are sensitive about it are douchebags and assholes. Longhorn fans have been doing the Gig 'em sign upside down as long as I can remember. Longhorns do it to others, it's done to Longhorn fans. Part of the college football rivalry. It's embarrassing for Brown to make a big deal out of it.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

College football fans are cute.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

No cuter than NFL fans.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

A little cuter.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

7. HookEm2014

HookEm2014 Member

To be honest his quotes have been taken pretty out of context. He was just referring to horns down being a double standard because Mike Davis was flagged on Saturday for holstering his guns (to mock Texas Tech's guns up symbol). But, Mack volunteered that information pretty easily, the question he was asked didn't really have much to do with horns down.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What made it worse was coming on the heels of his ridiculous statement about having to put in too much time with the Longhorn Network and implying that it put him at some kind of competitive disadvantage to other coaches.
    1. The Longhorn Network isn't an advantage? Such as with recruiting?
    2. The more time Mack is away from his team, I would think the better.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Given how little it's carried right now I wouldn't call it much of a recruiting advantage yet.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The more I read this thread, the more I dislike UT. Baron is right. If Texas does the horn thing at it's opponents then flag them too.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I started thinking about whether it's taunting or not. The horns down thing is a pretty subtle movement of one hand. It's not the in your face of taunting the Gators with the chomp of the Seminoles with the chop. I don't have a problem with any of it.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The Boz was No. 44.

[​IMG]

And what an asinine controversy. I'd have no problem with kids getting flagged for doing it during a game in a taunting fashion, but lighten up, Mack. Worry about fixing that shitty team.

Draft saved Draft deleted