1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Machete vs. The Expendables

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Our biggest problem isn't the lone idiot in the governor's office; it's the 120 idiots in the legislature.
    Arnold's an idiot, but 120 > 1.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

no tits?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Could you ask them if they plan on merging with the Tea Party, Green Tea be good

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Yeah, you can't have everything.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Saw the first TV ad for "Machete" on Sportscenter this morning (couldn't find it on YouTube yet).
    Game on, Jan Brewer.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Call To Duty fans will know it as the AA12 - what a bad ass gun - what a bad ass movie. Worth every dollar just thinking how the critics must hate it and how much I loved it. Would like to have seen more of Mickey Rourke. Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when they shot the Stallone/ Arnie/ Bruce scene.

Franchise should be good for at least 2 or 3 more.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I didn't vote for the guy on principle, but anyone who says they can be elected governor and reverse California's many woes is on fucking crack.

It wouldn't be a cure, but getting rid of the super-majority on budgetary and other issues in Sactucky would be a positive first step for anyone sitting in the chair to make.

8. Shoeless Joe

I'm thinking about going to see the movie again tomorrow. I've probably not seen more than 5-6 movies twice in the theater, but I've got nothing going on tomorrow and really liked it.

OK, with this being an 80s type movie thread (and also with a recent blockbuster returning to theaters), let's have a show of hands for those of us who remember the pre VCR days when major hits made return visits to theaters. Mine is up.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

E.T. made about 27 return trips to my local four-plex in 1982 and 1983.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mine too. Now it's just "special editions" like what they are doing with Avatar now.

I also remember when it would sometimes be years before a movie was released on video or shown on television. Star Wars stands out in my memory. I remember HBO making a big fuss over the first time it showed the movie, seven or eight years after it had been released in the theaters.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, it's playing here.

When the trailer came out we got a panicked call from an old man who was sure those scary Mexicans were going to see the film, grab guns, and start killing good, tax-paying white people. He seemed to think it was a documentary.

Should be fun.

12. Shoeless Joe

I saw Star Wars, Smokey and the Bandit and Porky's all on their second time around. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted