1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Machete vs. The Expendables

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 18, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

The EXACT same thing happened at our screening. An audible groan went up when the words "M. Night Shamalamadingdong" appeared. Me and the guy next to me--some 18-year-old who was probably there for the irony--just started riffing on how awful Shamalmadingdong is. And we never talked again. :D

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

It starts at 1205 at a theatre 10 minutes away from my office.

Looks like I have an extended lunch meeting today!

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think I'll see it tomorrow night after I cover a nomination meeting for the local Green Party.

What a perfect antidote it'll be. :D

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't plan on seeing this movie, but I saw Inception twice and both times that preview finished people laughed.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It was big, loud and dumb to the extreme. But that's to be expected. The editing, however, was a giant warp-speed clusterfuck. I couldn't tell you what the hell was going on in the last few minutes. Something blows up. Cut. Indistinguishable face and movement. Cut to some terrible fight choreography. Gah. The score was dogshit too. They should have just sticked to using hard rock songs all the way through.

Of Stallone's recent output of Rocky and Rambo remakes, this ranks well below those.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I was at Scott Pilgrim Saturday afternoon and the same thing happened. Good times, good times.

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I was at Scott Pilgrim last night in a theater with about 8 people, and I'm pretty sure all 8 did the same thing. Good times, good times.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Patrick Dempsey says that if Michael Cera wants a long-term acting career, he needs to stop with the "dorky teen comes into his own" roles.

Well, he doesn't really say that as far as I know. But he could. Because if anybody knows about this sort of thing, it would be Patrick Dempsey.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Scott Pilgrim's a dorky 22-year-old. FWIW. :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you come to your senses and delete that post, I'll delete mine, just to spare you further embarrassment. :D

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Michael Cera is like 120 pounds. What other roles are out there for him? I suppose he could start playing creepy serial killers, like Elijah Wood did in Sin City. But it's not like he's going to be the sheriff in a Western.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Anthony Michael Hall is still working steadily and, to my knowledge, hasn't played a geek in years.

As for Cera playing in a western, he could if it's a remake of "The Shakiest Gun in the West."

Draft saved Draft deleted