1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Machete vs. The Expendables

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 18, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

According to IMDB, Arnold has appeared in two movies since taking office in 2003, and both roles were cameos ("Around The World In 80 Days" in 2004 and "The Expendables"). I don't think anyone can argue Arnold hasn't taken his job very, very seriously and that he hasn't used it as a platform to raise his profile.

That idiot Jesse Ventura, meanwhile, was doing XFL broadcasts while he was Minnesota governor.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

"Machete" looks like insane fun. But the downtown must have hit De Niro's interests pretty hard if he's stooping to this level.

Of all those fake Grindhouse trailers, I'm eagerly awaiting "Thanksgiving," which apparently is in development.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

White meat. Dark meat. .....

I'd rather see Werewolf Women of the SS.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Kind of like in "Predator". Ventura turns his back to the issue at hand and WHAM! Invisible rocket blows his guts out.
    Arnold, meanwhile, stays focused and defeats the monster.
    There's a lesson there, kiddos.

5. Stay the hell away from invisible murderous aliens?

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I just read the AP review of The Expendables. They gave it one and a half stars.

Every knock the reviewer had on the movie makes me can't wait to see it that much more.

He talks about "die-hard Guns N Roses fans" ... "being awash with motorcycles, tattoos, black leather and big guns" ... "pretend the last two decades never happened" ... "high body count testosterone-filled action"

HELLLLLL YEAH!

7. That's me.
    I am sure it will suck, but I want to see it anyway.
    The only dudes missing from it are Chuck Norris and Steven Segal.
    I really, really want to see this movie.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

When does Sucker Punch come out?

9. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

I think next March. Looks interesting.

Count me in the I-know-the-Expendables-is-going-to-suck-but-I-still-really-want-to-see-it crowd.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I would love to know if "Machete" will be shown in Arizona theaters. Given that the movie's main character is an illegal immigrant, you know Jan Brewer, Glenn Beck and the rest of the xeno crowd are going to be beyond pissed off.
    I'm guessing pissed off enough to make this movie a modest hit.

11. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

When I first saw Arnold on one of the ads for this movie, I decided immediately that I would not go and see it. (Yes, I live in California).
    In all fairness....I'm not sure that I would have gone to see it anyway.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Trejo is the fucking man, if for no other reason than these two quotes on his IMDB page:

Machete all the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted