1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Machete vs. The Expendables

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jul 18, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Discuss...

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Machete is like a support group for actors put out of work by the end of "Lost" (Lapetus and Michelle Rodriguez). Looks like good, cheesy fun. And how awesome is it that Robert DeNiro, Don Johnson and Cheech Marin all take lower billing than ... Danny fuckin' Trejo!?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You are leaving out Lohan and Alba.

It just looks freeking nuts.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You don't see too many characters who move back and forth between children's films (Trejo played "Uncle" Machete in the "Spy Kids" series) and R-rated action pictures.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A friend has seen The Expendables and said, "If you're over 30, you will love it as a guilty pleasure, if you're under 30, you'll think it's the worst movie of all-time."

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My friend nearly lost when he played Machete vs. his finger. The blade got down to the bone, but his finger still lives!

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I can't wait to see both of these. When I first saw the TV trailer for The Expendables, I was pumped. I've been waiting for Machete since it was announced after Grindhouse Rodriguez was planning to do a real movie.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is Machete about Ogi Urbina?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know a lot of people are pissed about Arnold's alleged cameo. It doesn't bother me too much, but they do have a point.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

why are they pissed?

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

'introducing Don Johnson' lol

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Obviously, he would have figured out that whole budget problem in the hour or two it probably took him to shoot a scene in the movie. You know, like how Obama obviously doesn't care about America because he spends two hours each year picking NCAA tournament games and talking about the NBA with Marv Albert. Politics is serious bidness.

On-topic: I'm psyched for both of these movies, although both will probably be rentals for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted