1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mac Users: Which Mac should I buy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

[​IMG]

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I wish I could find a pair of those shoes. The non-grass court version, anyway.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is I've used nothing but Macs at work, and when one program crashes, the whole flipping computer crashes.

The rare times my home PC crashes a program, I can easily back out of it without restarting my whole computer.

I don't know what I hate worse: That stupid bomb when a Mac crashes, the ridiculous "Unknown error" that comes up when even the dog can tell what the error was, or that fucking smiling little Mac box that comes up when you have to reboot.

How I would like to punch that little Mac right in the fucking mouth.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

what are you running at work, crip, os 7?

that's your tech people being stupid and asking an old os and an old processor to do mor ethan its capable of doing... trust me, that's not a mac-pc problem, that's your it department. i know the feeling

hell, the stupid computers we have at work still have disc drives -- it's like living in 1993. thank god i have my own mac

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I actually kind of miss the floppy drives. But I guess the little stick thingies you plug into your USB port serve the same purpose.

I use a MacBook G4 using Mac OS X Version 10.4.3. I have all the software I need to work from home if I need to (the only problem is placing art off the server, which I have to do at the office).

Probably another thread subject ... but I am looking for a 20" monitor that is compatible at a good price. Apple wants $699 for the same models we have at work. Ouch.

7. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Think of it this way:
    Mac mini = 4 cyl.
    iMac = V6
    Mac Pro = V8 Hemi

Keep in mind that if you get a brand new machine with an Intel chip, all those fancy third-party software programs we love, like Photoshop and Dreamweaver, are not going to run as fast because they're still PowerPC-chip friendly. It's all running through an emulator that slows it down a bit. Not much you can do about that until the new versions are released by Adobe and Macro. So my advice would be the Mac Pro if you can swing the cash.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

CT,
    The Million Dollar Band has fallen further than the football team since Katherine (Scott?) Mann left the conductor's podium. They now march onto the field with - get this - sound from past Million Dollar Bands playing over the loudspeakers and their own little jumbotron intro.

I remember when the drum corps guys would march on to the field while doing a drum intro, and it was very distinct.

Draft saved Draft deleted