1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAC Tourney: Press rwned by Euclid duo

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Satchel Pooch, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's Ohio, dammit!

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

OU yesterday ... OU today ... OU forever. (Same with the Pawprint over the fey attack cat, by the way.)

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, the day the skanky cat was introduced was the coming of the footsteps of doom.

I do like the Ohio over OU though. That way nobody thinks I went to Oklahoma :D

5. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I don't get out of Ohio enough to have that problem come into play.

I ... I am not a mover-shaker.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Just makes the conference and tourney officials look like idiots.

If there were some morons doing that at a tourney I was covering, I'd turn their asses in post-haste.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

That's awesome. Go Cats.

You know what, they're still probably better than 3/4 of the small-time rubes I used to see at the tourney. The Sports Vault guy (weird, fat guy with a high-pitched voice), the unnecessarily dapper Call and Post guy, the idiot TV guys who knew nothing about any of the teams. The MAC news media association meetings was like the Mos Eisley cantina.

8. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Conference tourneys and freeloaders? Astounding.

Next thing we'll be shocked (or as Bob Ryan would say, "SHOCKED") to learn is bowl games attract hangers on too.

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Co-worker who was around MAC Tourney in '05 said they showed up drunk, and several reporters asked for their removal.

That said, I loved that story.

10. "There's a lot of good, free food and you can talk to the cheerleaders much easier," boasted Banc, who was courtside Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena.

There's a lot of truth in that statement for many of us who took up the tools of ignorance and made the requisite vow of poverty in college journalism.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. It's really not hard to get a credential for damn near anything, especially since so many schools/teams have gone to online credentialing. It's right there on many public web sites.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What's rwned? Is that like one step past pwned?

Draft saved Draft deleted