1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAC Media Day's going to be a blast

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jr/shotglass, Jun 24, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Some lucky fans get to hang out where those privileged darn journalists work.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/66580/choose-your-mac-allegiance-u-pick-edition

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Because there's no fanbois at SEC Media Days ... ?
    The MAC is just making the fans easier to identify.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If they get more than three wanting to represent Eastern Michigan, you'll know at least one of them is trolling.

4. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

C'mon now - I'm an Eastern Michigan grad.

And you're right on the money.

5. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Having covered MAC media day about 117 times, this might be the worst prize in the history of contests.

6. tmr

tmr Member

There's barely any media at MAC media day. I remember talking to a bunch of players (this was back in 2000) and they were complaining about having to come there to answer like two questions. One guy was like, "At least you're a quarterback. I'm the punter!"

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So you're the one!

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't make me gut you. :D

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

In my days as a Sun Belt SID, I often wondered why we had media days. Cost a bunch for travel, hotel and meals for players, coaches, admins and SIDs in New Orleans, though the Sun Belt SID staff could throw a pretty good party.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Truth hurts, Huron boy?

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep.

As a reporter, I liked them because I could get a lot of interviews done and in the can and have material for down the road. I always preferred to do the in-depth stuff face-to-face rather than over the phone.

But in these days of cutbacks, both at media outlets and schools themselves, the costs seem to be prohibitive.

Draft saved Draft deleted