1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mac addicts: Thoughts on today's keynote?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 9, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I wasn't saying that was the only thing. Just that it won't be as compatible without the Mac backing.

Sheesh.

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Am I wrong or are you going to be able to surf via wifi free (ie not pay for Cingular Internet minutes or however they rape you)???

Very disappointed there wasn't One More Thing this afternoon.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You are correct. You'll be able to surf the Web via WiFi on this phone.

I've been on Cingular for years. No complaints here.

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Alright, since you know cingular so well ... what's this going to set me back a month, ballpark, once the two years expire?

5. Inky_Wretch

Mrs. Wretch and I pay $80-ish per month for our two lines with an ungodly number of minutes (as in we always roll minutes over). Of course, we benefit from most of our families and friends being on Cingular, so we don't use minutes when calling other Cingular customers.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I pay $80ish per month for 900 minutes, which I sometimes have some to roll over, and 1000 text messages a month.

7. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Inky, IJAG: You guys don't land lines probably, do you? I was thinking of cutting bait from the wall to buy broadband but that plan may go down the shitter to finance this iPhone.

I wonder if it can do Skype. How hard, also, would it be to fit it for GPS?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't have a land line. My cell is all I have, which makes it twice as frustrating.

I can't speak on Skype or on Vonage, because my issues with Vonage were apparently related to my shitty internet, which didn't give enough power to run the Vonage.

9. Inky_Wretch

We have a landline for $11 per month. It's solely there for 911 (which, hopefully, we'll never have to use).

As for GPS...

10. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

My little brother called me and took a good 15 minutes to explain every iPhone feature he remembered from the keynote.

It really is an amazing device. How nice of Steve to give us six months to pony up $500.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Yeah, but that's no GPS (ie like the program in SUVs that can tell where you are and where to turn to get where you need to be). I'd think they'd just have to install a chip, no?

12. Inky_Wretch

Google Maps comes pretty close. But the phone will be running OS X, so I imagine you'll be able to download some software for turn-by-turn info.

Draft saved Draft deleted