1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mac addicts: Thoughts on today's keynote?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jobs said it was exclusive to Cingular and will be thanks to a multi-year contract between the two companies.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just spit soda all over my keyboard.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Thanks, Inky. Guess that's a no on the iPhone for me.

4. Killick

Why's that, IJAG? Does Cingular suck?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I despise it. I had Sprint for four or five years, no complaints, but I wanted a Razr. Well, no complaints with Sprint's service...the last phone I had fell apart literally five days after my warranty ran out.

However, any Cingular ad that claims it doesnt' drop calls is bullshit. I can't go one day without dropping at least one, often 2-3. It's indecent, really.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hmm, that dampens my boner a little bit. Cingular sucks! I had a Cingular phone in four locations and got good reception in one of them. Couldn't keep a steady signal in my apartment or office in an East Coast state capital. That's just LAME. The rollover minutes are a nice touch for people that have friends and would be missed if they were to die unexpectedly, so naturally I had no use for them.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

total thread jack — I have Sprint and have never really thought about changing until I saw this phone. BUT, the one thing I like about Sprint much (and I know, this is pretty small) is their voicemail answering thing. With all non-sprint people I call, it goes something like this:

"Hi, this is Joe's phone. To leave a message, wait for the beep. To leave your number, press 1. To leave a text, press 2. To end call, press 3. To hear these options again, press 4. For more options, press 5. ... ... ... BEEEEEP"

And when I call a Sprint phone:

"Hi. Joe's phone. Press 1 to leave a voice message or wait for the beep" then on with all the stupid shit.

Really, I don't need to hear all 77 options every time I call. I want to get to the damn point. Sometimes I get confused and forget with carrier my friend has and I press 1, hoping to go right to the beep, and Lordie, oh Lordie, is that ever a mistake. Then, in addition to all the regular stupid options, I get:

"Sorry. That command is not recognized ... ... ... We'll start the whole fucking message over again."

Whew. Thanks. I feel better.

8. I was more into the Apple TV apparatus ... but a 40 GB hard drive? Seriously? The bidding should start at 100GB.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

It's funny because it's true!

10. Killick

You guys are definitely killing my Christmas-morning-on-crack enthusiasm for the iPhone. I'm pretty happy with Sprint -- and y'all are not painting a very nice pic of Cingular.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, then we're saving you two years of hell.

I'm sure sprint will eventually have its own version, just as Cingular will. It just won't be as iTunes compatible or whatever.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i've never had any major complaints with cingular. i've had it since it was bell south mobility. barely ever drops out on me -- except for one dead spot near my old apartment

and, well, the iphone looks like it's so much more than just a way to have itunes on a phone

Draft saved Draft deleted