1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

M. Night Shamlamadingdong's not fooling anyone anymore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 12, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As long as Bruce Willis rushes in to save the day, I smell grosses!

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think he's hitting .167, so that's probably where the bulk of my contempt comes from. I also think someone who's hitting .167 shouldn't be so goddamn arrogant and pretentious, as if he's doing God's work. You're not. People are cramming five thousand calories into their mouths during your movies. They do the same thing during "Love Guru" or "Freddy Got Fingered."

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hey, Abrams can CREATE interesting TV shows. It's when his well runs dry after a season or two that things hit the wall. Lost lasts because he was only really involved in the creation of it, then gave way to others. I do not have high hopes for his Star Trek movie.

Sixth Sense was easy to figure out, asolutely. Unbreakable's twist was easy to see a mile away by anyone who has read a comic book, even as the script beat us over the head with it: "DO YOU KNOW WHO THE ARCH-VILLAIN IS?!?!?!?!!" Like the previews for Zoltan ruining that clever joke where he kicks the dude in the face while holding his shoulders. Clever, amusing joke . . .until dude telegraphs for the idiots in the audience, "Was that your foot?!?!?!?!!?!" Yes, and the joke and film just died. Way to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted