1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

M. Night Shamlamadingdong's not fooling anyone anymore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 12, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I tried once and I failed. My dad told me the moral of the story was to never try.

2. [​IMG]

When I write the cutline for this pic, which one of you is Mikey and which is BYH?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mikey's the one with the fat ass.

What's that? Oh.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That seems about right.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, no. You misstated the plot. Evidently working for Bob all those years affected your brain. :D

It's not KILLER AIR. It's PLANTS THAT ARE MAD AS HELL AND ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE! :eek: THEY'RE EMITTING A TOXIN THAT AFFECTS PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS! :eek:

Killer Passive Plant Fu. That's what I'm talking about, folks. People are dying because of Killer Passive Plant Fu.

No breasts. I lost count of the dead bodies, but I really didn't care.

One star, and that just because that's the lowest rating I can give it. Joe Bob says check it ... aw, hell no. No, I can't say that. Go rent 1990's drive-in classic Frankenhooker (four stars — best of 1990!) instead.

[/joebobbriggs]

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.joebobbriggs.com/drivein/1984/breakin.htm

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Having seen it, I can tell you that most audiences won't know what to make of it. Rarely have such disturbing images been used in service of an inane plot. At least it's only 90 minutes, and not some two-and-a-half-hour bloated mess.

You won't hear me say this guy's a good director. He's not, and he's never been. His stunted cinematic language actually works for his creating of tension. Viewers are so often confused by his lack of coverage on shots, underwritten scenes and overlong takes that they mistake it for suspense. His movies probably make me say "WTF!?!" more than any others.

8. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

After paying money for "Lady in the Water," I refuse to attend another Night movie until he pays me the $7.50 he owes me.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The Seattle outing crew all blew off the bars and went out to see it tonight, and it was fantastic. Best movie in a decade. Two credentials up.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I have no plans to see it, but I have to say that ad campaign is pretty odd: "His first R-rated movie!!"

Like he's all grown up now, or something.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Yahoo Movies has it at about a C+ which is not horrible.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He hasn't gotten one farthing from me since 2002, and I'll be keeping it that way.

There are student films -- celluloid Big Macs -- being made at NYU that deserve more discussion than anything Shyamalan has ever done.

Draft saved Draft deleted