1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

M. Cabrera is Verducci's new Clemens

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BYH, Feb 19, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've reached the point where I read Verducci simply for the chutzpah, smugness and off-the-charts inability to take accountability for spreading falsehoods about the players whom he covers. The latest: Miguel Cabrera. Verducci tells us he knew, by chatting with Cabrera last summer, that the Tigers superstar wasn't fully confronting his alcohol issues.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/tom_verducci/02/18/pujols.chapman/index.html?eref=sihp

All well and good, except who failed to write a single word about Cabrera's reluctance to discuss his alcohol issues in that SI piece last summer, and in fact wrote that Cabrera was a changed, happier, contented man who had refocused himself on his career? Not one word about the possibility that maybe it was all an act, or maybe it was something less than convincing and the alcohol demons were still present. Not one word. Any guesses?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1172075/1/index.htm

Who will be the next player whose fraudulent legacy Verducci will help build without ever taking some responsibility for the lies once it's all proven to be a charade?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

what's your point?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You actually look for a point in BYH's posts? :)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

With friends like you guys--wait, did I just call OOP a friend? :)

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting to find out what is in Clemens's briefcase.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

X-rays of Clemens' head revealed nothing.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last I checked, Cabrerra got the DUI all by himself.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Last I checked Verducci was one of few baseball writers to blow the lid of steroids in baseball story.

Draft saved Draft deleted