1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lynn Hoppes: Keep your passion alive

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sunshine Scooter, Aug 2, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Then walk around with your stomach tied in knots. It's your funeral. Oh, wait, you USED to be in the biz ... so you're basically talking out your ass. never mind.

* BTW, I don't normally hold too much stock in this, but you're about 2,000 posts away from having the right to say anything about the cat icon. And I wouldn't change it for you then either.

2. OK, so let me get this straight: The business is in great shape and you should all be thankful you're getting laid off, paid low, and treated like crap because you're not fitting pipes.

Uh, OK.

* Your cat icon still sucks :>)

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

There is still plenty of passion for the industry and the profession, shown in the heartbreak over what it's becoming, and in the rancor directed at those who would fiddle while we burn.

I question the passion of those who remain unbothered by the constantly deteriorating situation in the industry. To me, they may love their individual job, but they aren't on board with caring about the profession itself.

4. Heckuva job, Hoppesy.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

WFW.

Draft saved Draft deleted