1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LVRJ getting new sports columnist

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mpcincal, May 21, 2006.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I'm another one in the Ed Graney Fan Club. He was very kind to me my first year on the beat in the MWC so I'm happy for him and wish him nothing but the best in Viva (Las Vegas).

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

Ed has done a good job injecting a little edge into what otherwise is a not-edgy section in San Diego. I wonder what adjustments, if any, the U-T might make.

3. Good dude and a fine addition to the Vegas sports scene.

4. Vegas needs any addition it can get right now. I still can't believe what the Sun is now, just a fold-in to the R-J. They used to do good work there.

5. donnie23

donnie23 Member

This hire has been in the works for quite a while and appears to be a very solid addition. Congrats.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I hope this means the bastards finallly had to PAY somebody . . .

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Come on blondebomber, come on!!!

We need some bright lights around here.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They'll find Jimmy Hoffa's body before they find blondebombers.

9. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Perhaps LVRJ management took him on a one-way ride out to the desert once they figured out who he was?

10. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

yawn ... they think they know who I am, and I'm aware of two co-workers who have been interrogated because they were under suspicion. Whatever.

Since I'm such a respected figure on here and everybody wants to know my opinion, I like the Graney hire. He was the best choice of what they had in front of them. I've met him, and I like him.

Iole is pissed it wasn't him, which goes to show how delusional he is.

11. arnold ziffel

arnold ziffel Member

R-J management was so paranoid about the recent sports editor thread on this posting forum they launched an internal investigation.

That kind of shit they care about.

Good journalism and concern about their employees aren't such high priorities.

Draft saved Draft deleted