1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LVRJ: bush administration wants random drug testing of high school students

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, May 23, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I didn't know there were schools that did drug tests to begin with.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Is the money there to do this kind of testing?
    I'm not sure testing is really needed. I know people say that the only way kinds get caught now is if they're really stupid, but given how many kids I've seen suspended or kicked off teams in the last few years, it seems like there are an awful lot of stupid kids out there.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nice work yourself.

The Tech kid and the DC snipers proved that you cannot assume that a random rampaging killer will always be a white male. That is why I typed Asian. This was the case pre-DC snipers. They had us looking for a white guy in a box truck. I guess the Caprice Classic from New Jersey just got lumped in with the thousands that I see driving around Virginia right now.

You can never predict crazy.

You know what? You are a fucking idiot. I guess you never refer Yao Ming as a Chinese basketball player, or any of the number of Japanese baseball players as being from Japan.

It's just a proper adjective. It's nothing to get all worked up about. I don't go crazy if someone calls me Croatian or Slovak.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't know bastard, sometimes i just like to see people admit they're pro tyranny.

5. 93Devil

There are always two extreme sides to a problem, and the correct answer almost always lies in the middle of the two.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

full circle: testing is not the center.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I thought about this for a while before I posted.

What I can come up with is:

I want to know if my kid is doing drugs.

I do not want the school to be the one testing him/her. It should be a family matter.

8. Amen, Farmer J.

9. 93Devil

True. I don't know if I totally agree with the Supreme Court on this one, but it is the law.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow dude, was your dad like a judge or something?

11. 93Devil

No, but sometimes you get fired or thrown in jail is you do not go along with their decisions in certain areas.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and there it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted