1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lute Olson's Leave of Absence

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by eyeonsportsmedia, Dec 7, 2007.

?

Should the media respect Lute Olson's request for privacy during his leave of absence for personal r

1. Yes, the media has no right to obtain or publish this information

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. Yes, Lute Olson is not a public figure and this information has nothing to do with the performance o

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. No, Lute Olson is a state employee and this information should be public

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. No, Lute Olson is a public figure and has no reasonable expectation of privacy

31 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. Now it is all a moot point as it is a matter of public record...

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: Lote Olsen's Leave of Absence

So, are you saying it is something beyond the divorce?

3. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I have never gotten divorced (knock knock), but don't athletes and coaches and normal people do it all the time while still doing their jobs? Does anyone think there is something besides just a divorce here?

My guess all along was that someone in his family was dying or something. He said in his initial statement that it wasn't a matter of his health.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

As noted earlier, do you REALLY think it's just a divorce?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I vote no for the obvious reason: IT'S PUBLIC RECORD.

Why would you keep private what anyone can know?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

BYH,

If Lute Olson doesn't want to look like an ass, he'll disclose his reason for leaving if it's more than a divorce.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am hearing from multiple sources that Lute was arrested in a bathroom stall with larry craig at the Cedar Rapids airport.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You'd think Lute would be a little more forthcoming since we all know when there is a absence of information it is usually filled with speculation, possibly irrelevant legal records etc. that tends to be more damaging than the truth.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Um. Yeah.
    (And it won't be public record if the settlement includes a nondisclosure or gag.)

10. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

come on, someone post what the real reason is!

thanks =)

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Lute's wife is a very, very powerful and connected person.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If Lute Olson is just getting divorced, I say it's a personal issue and none of anyone's damn business. However, when he takes a leave of absence -- which will now extend through an entire season -- then the reason why deserves to be mentioned if it's known. And now, since it's in the public record, it is known and should be put out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted