1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luppy's Selective Memory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting comment from Luppy on Bonds:

"While all this was going on, Barry Bonds kept chasing Henry Aaron's record of 755 home runs, and the only people who didn't know it was drugs who got him anywhere near Aaron over the last decade of his career didn't want to know, and shame on them, and the way they tried to blame everybody except Barry Bonds for who he is and what he did."

I guess when Luppy wrote the book about the magical summer of '98 that he had not inkling that Big Mac and Sammy might have taken more than milk.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

That was different. That was the summer baseball reclaimed America.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Were the Yankees October back in '98 yet or not?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think they have been are October since 1996, but I are just a writer.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boy that joke is getting beaten to death awfully quick.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Threads bashing Loopy and Mitchie for their transparent phoniness on the same page. SportsJournalists.com was invented for days like these.

7. Boom_70

In Luppy's world the Yankees will always be October -

8. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS. IF MIKE LUPICA DIDN'T ALWAYS WRITER STELLAR BOOKS/COLUMNS EVERY TIME OUT, HE WOULDN'T GET PAID WHAT HE DOES. YOU'RE NOT AS FAMOUS AS LUPICA, SO THE WAY I SEE IT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT HIM.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

First day here?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just to save it ... before this gets ugly.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

DANGEROUS_K is hard, but he is fair.

12. Boom_70

These threads write themselves. You can't make it up- Luppy waving his finger at those who did not think Barry Bonds was on drugs.

Here is how Luppy ended his book - "and I found myself hoping that in another baseball summer someday, one way down the road when I was old and looking to feel young , when new heroes would chase the same old records and more home runs than you could ever believe would fill the sky....."

Draft saved Draft deleted