1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luke Walton sued for sexual assault

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've always liked Luke, but fuck, that's awful.

Tweener likes this.
  3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So what do you do if you're the Kings?

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Promote him.

poindexter likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

sacrametoo kings

Lugnuts, swingline, Tweener and 11 others like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Someone brought up that if you're holding a "business" meeting, that should never involve a hotel room; other than say if its my law partner and we're going down to the meeting/dinner together. Meet in the lobby, bar, outdoor table. Anywhere but the room. It's the Harvey Weinstein thing all over again.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I gotta imagine a celebrity like Walton would rather conduct his business behind closed doors, so as to not be interrupted. Or in the case of Ty Cobb, Trump's attorney, not having your conversation overheard by reporters at a nearby outdoor table.

And the accuser knew him and felt comfortable around him. Sounds to me -- if it's true, naturally -- that he read the terrain like all good predators and saw his opportunity and pounced.

If you can't have a business meeting with a longtime associate in a hotel room, I mean...this could easily have happened at his house when his wife and kids were away. Or at her house. The particulars seem quite distinct from anything familiar to a Weinstein anecdote.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Do it in a business setting. Get a conference room. I've been in business for over 30 yrs now, I've known NOT to go to someone of the opposite sex's hotel room from the get to. You can talk privately in an open area without being heard and without needing to go to a hotel room. Hell, book a limo and put the shade up. Its not that hard.

I cited the Weinstein situation only because its going up to someone's hotel room; thereafter no parallels intended.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bow in your general direction, you magnificent beady-eyed son of a bitch.

Spartan Squad and FileNotFound like this.
  11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Just to not libel the guy, the subject should read “alleged sexual assault.”

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No. The subject line is not libelous. It is literally the subject of the lawsuit.

Draft saved Draft deleted