1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucky Number Slevin: Worth a spot in the Netflix queue?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Msaint, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Msaint

Msaint Member

The few times I saw it, I enjoyed the too-short-lived show Kidnapped -- which I think they ruined by forcing the writers/producers to dumb it down and simply rip off Ransom, but that's just me -- and was wondering if anyone saw Lucky Number Slevin (Ben Kingsley, Morgan Freeman, Josh Hartnett, Lucy Liu, Bruce Willis, among others)? It was written by Jason Smilovic, the writer/creator of Kidnapped (and another dead TV series, the Out of Sight spinoff, Karen Sisco). Wow. Sorry for the run-on sentence.

Anyway, if so....Thumbs-up? Down? Sideways? I put it in my Netflix queue and am wondering if it's wasting space or not. Thanks.

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I thought it was average. Not bad, not especially good. But it had Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman in it, so I was renting it regardless. You could do worse.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I give it a thumbs-up, because it's the type of movie I wouldn't normally enjoy, yet I enjoyed it.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this movie is the epitome of stupid. do not watch it. why the fuck does josh hartnett spend the entire movie in his bathrobe? there is no logical reason.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It was alright — stylish, kind of fun. I got it from Netflix a while ago.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

As you've probably gathered, it's one of those in-the-middle movies.

Nobody's screaming, "Oh, you gotta see it." But nobody's saying you'll staple your eyelids shut midway through, either.

It's in the middle.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

How can you go wrong with a movie that includes dialogue about The Schmoo by an award-wiining actor? I really liked it.

8. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Thumbs up.
    Fun movie. Seems more confusing than it really is.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

well, no, i'm saying the thing about stapling your eyelids shut. easily one of the dumbest and worst movies i've ever seen. i like quirky and off beat but this was unbearable.

10. I just got it today from Netflix along with "The Inside Man."
    After exchanging them for the Da Vinci Code and Talladega Nights, I'm looking forward to it.
    I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code - though I liked the book better.
    I F'n HATED Talladega Nights! Will Ferrell has screwed me over for the last time.
    I was in a good mood and excited to see the flick. It sucked! I laughed out loud twice. God Damn! I should know better.
    I feel like Charlie Brown and Will Ferrell is Lucy holding the football.
    "Come on Orville, watch my movie, it'll beee funnnny!"

I have vowed never to watch another Will Ferrell movie again. Ever!

I have half a mind to write him and ask for money back for Talladega Nights and Anchorman.

At any rate, I can't imagine Slevin being any worse. It has Bruce Willis in it.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm going to put this in my queue, thanks to this thread. Before it came out I really wanted to see it, thought it looked like something right up my alley. Then it got horrible reviews and I never made it to the theater.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Putting that in your Netflix queue is like having Josh Hamilton on your farm club. Ultimately, it's just a waste of a spot.

Draft saved Draft deleted