1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LSU follows Boise State's lead...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Got a big kick out of this line:

"It is definitely faster than anything I've ever seen in my 14 years of conditioning," Tiny Gampshone, the junior executive strength and conditioning coach said. "It is really going to prompt muscle confusion in the other team as the brain wants to run on a green surface."

Junior executive strength and conditioning coach?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The SEC. I would have bought it

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Got this at midafternoon, forwarded to me as if it was serious. I got as far as "Vandalay Industries."

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

What makes it work is that if you know lunatic LSU is, you could almost see them actually doing this.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Someone sent it to me in an e-mail, and until I read the story I admit I wasn't 100 percent sure it was a joke. LSU has whored itself out to Nike and everyone else the last few years, so it's not implausible.

7. HejiraHenry

And it does follow, by a just a few weeks, a real story about Eastern Washington installing red turf.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

LSU with purple turf would be awesome just as Tennessee with Orange Turf would be awesome and Nebraska with red turf would be awesome. I don't think the enthusiasts would like it but it sure would be cool.

9. Crash

Crash Active Member

Worst. "Holiday." Ever.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

There's a facebook page dedicated to getting James Madison to install purple turf.

11. HejiraHenry

Well, they might as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted