1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LSU-Bamageddon: College Football Week 10

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I say it's a tossup. McCarron is a better QB than most realize. He's mobile for an Alabama QB not named Tyler Watts or Kenny Stabler and has an strong, accurate arm. But most importantly, he doesn't make a bunch of boneheaded mental mistakes.

The problem I see for them is that outside of Marquese Mayes, they don't have a true downfield threat. They don't have a big, physical receiver on the roster.

LSU has several of those. I'm not a big fan of the two-QB system, but like Florida in 2006, the Tigers have made it work.

The defenses are a wash. LSU's power running game isn't as awesome as it was with Stevan Ridley. It's still competent, though.

LSU wins by four.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I like McCarron, too, but am erring on the side of caution until he has to make a play to win a game. He did make a few big throws to get them going against Penn State and Tennessee, but in terms of putting together a game-winning drive in the 4th quarter, the jury is still out on him.

I have an idea what might happen and know what I want to happen, but anyone who says they know for sure who's going to win — or would be surprised by either outcome — is either lying or delusional.

Yes, and it's Marquis.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm confused.

Last Saturday, was it LSU or was it Bama that played Brigham Young Episcopal?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2927&t=8147521&p=2

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

JD, the ultimate SI "invincible team" story was about the 1957 Oklahoma team which was the latest edition of the 47-game record winning streak. Cover headline "Why Oklahoma Is Unbeatable." Issue came to my family's house on Friday. Next day, it's Notre Dame 7-Oklahoma 0.
    PS: Since I see no substantive difference between LSU and Alabama, I'd have to just pick the home team.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Does Jared Leigh still quarterback LSU?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

For the handful of Iowa fans on this board ... this weekend might be Kirk Ferentz's toughest test as head coach.

Last year, he and the team had over a month to recover from a debacle at Minnesota. And they did, eking out a win over Missouri in the Insight Bowl.

This year? One week to recover from a crushing defeat, and Iowa's hosting a Michigan team that wants payback in a big way.

When I first looked at Iowa's schedule, I thought the Hawkeyes might have a chance to win three straight over the Wolverines for the first time ever.

Now? This weekend could be ugly, and 5-7 is a very real possibility.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tight end Michael Williams might be Bama's most underrated player. That's your physical pass catcher.

As a Tide fan, worries for me are the defensive line getting neutralized, kickoff coverage and abandoning the run too soon.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A spectacular list of primetime games, aside from the Tigers @ Elephants.

South Carolina @ Arkansas: Yuck.

8 est on ABC/ESPN2: Kansas State @ Oklahoma State. Another drubbing for the kitties. With Weeden going for 813 yards, this will cause Uncle Burnt to be up way past his bedtime.

8 est on ABC/ESPN2: Notre Dame @ Wake Forest. 2 words immediately spring to mind........THE FUCK?..........I would rather watch a cow give birth than this shit.

9 est on ESPN: USC @ Colorado.......Holy balls........What channel was the cow on?

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

You're just in a cow moooood today, aren't you? ;D

11. mb

mb Active Member

In defense of South Carolina-Arkansas, that *is* a matchup of two top-10 teams.

Which, I'll admit, speaks volumes about the state of college football this season.

12. mb

mb Active Member

And why would any channel even put a game worth watching on opposite LSU-Bama?

Draft saved Draft deleted