1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LSU-Bamageddon: College Football Week 10

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Bama by 4, according to Doc's Sports.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Alabama's favored. These may be the two best football teams I've seen since maybe Vince Young's Texas team, which was, yes, a better team all season than USC. I stand by that.

3. Steak Snabler

I'm not sure this Alabama team is better than the one in 2009. The defense is better 1 thru 11, but they don't have near the offensive skill talent this year they had two years ago, and their kicking game is also not nearly as good.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So assuming that's three points for home field, the oddsmakers actually think Bama's the better team. I find that odd.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Best is, well, relative -- and subject to change on a dime. I remember hearing in 2003 questions about whether Oklahoma was the best team in college football history. The awards show in December was overflowing with Sooners. Best offense ever? Best defense? Best team? Best something, for sure.

OU then lost to K-State and to LSU to finish the season.

I thought of that when I saw the SI cover earlier this season asking whether Alabama has the best defense in college football history. I think of it every time I hear "best" this or that.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen much of Bama, but what I have seen, their offense hasn't been what it was even a couple of years ago. LSU's offense is actually better than in recent years (Crowton left, hmmmm) and that defense is beyond absurd. I'm taking LSU to win outright.

7. Steak Snabler

LSU's running game is not great.

Alabama has a sophomore quarterback that hasn't had to win a game with his arm yet.

Both defenses are more or less impenetrable.

Sounds pretty even to me, with a slight edge to the home team as you'd expect.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Can't argue that.

P.S. I threw in a "relative" for the Bama beat writers (and the veteran LSU ones too, for that matter).

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Alabama favored. Opened 6.5. Rolling around 4.5 to 5 now. I'll take Alabama to win. You can throw out the point spread for me. They may blow LSU out, or it may be close. Damned if I know.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

LSU's players will be so fired up they'll smoke real grass instead of the synthetic version for this game.

11. Johnny Dangerously

If Les doesn't eat it first.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My inclination is to take the home team, but Miles has a reputation for being a great coach when you give him extra time prep prepare, as in a bowl game.

Draft saved Draft deleted