1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LPGA player found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, May 10, 2010.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Sad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5493577

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

More than sad. It's damned tragic.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tragic. The doctor appears to be an idiot, why screw up the scene so that the authorities can spend months churning their wheels and her family agonizes over the uncertainty for those very same months. He was probably the guy who proscribed all those drugs but hardly a worthy excuse. Shame, damn shame.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If he had proscribed them she wouldn't have died.

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Shame about her. R.I.P.

Why don't I believe this doctor? There's more to this I bet.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Something is strange. A doctor shouldn't try to spare the family, especially if not telling the truth leads to more anguish. The stigma of a family member committing suicide, unfortunately, isn't helped by quacks like this.

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

This thing stinks to high heaven. If this was TV cop drama, I'd have the doc pegged by the first commercial break. Come to think of it, this does have made-for-TV movie written all over it. Attractive professional athlete . . . mysterious death . . .

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

get.to.the.story.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Great read. The father is clueless, though. Girls aren't naturally competitive? Give me a break.

10. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Yeah when I read this quote in the story I thought for sure there are a ton of female athletes out there reading this right now who are beside themselves. A pretty sexist (not to mention totally ridiculous) comment. I have covered enough high school girls golf and seen enough on-course temper tantrums to know this.

11. I've broken up enough fights and shoving matches in girls soccer to know it's bullshit, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted