1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lowes capitulates to the Bible thumpers .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Wouldn't it be great if Jimmie Johnson said he was against this?

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Dream on. Jimmie and his wife are from grassroots towns in blue collar America, where the attitudes are like flyover country as some of you call it.

No relevant drop in Lowe's stock today either.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Instead of boycotting Lowe's, can we boycott TLC calling itself The Learning Channel. All I've learned from this station is that there are a lot of freaks in this country.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Damn, that's a good point.

Oh yeah. :D

5. printdust

printdust New Member

That talks about their workplace. Not some effing ad campaign.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I actually read "views" as "wives," which still works.

Anyway, the cultures of Islamic countries in no way represent Islam. Reality shows are a truer representation.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Moveon.org has a reality show?

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe the Florida Family Association is upset that the show portrays the Muslims as "normal" not because of jihad, but because TLC should be the exclusive province of fucking wack-a-doodles. Even that Cake Boss guy is suspect. How the fuck is anyone supposed to eat those fucking industrial arts projects he calls cakes?

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Jimmie probably feels the same way as many of the people in the comments section referenced above.

EDIT: Wait a second, isn't Jimmie Johnson from El Cajon, Calif.? I didn't know San Diego County is "blue collar America."

10. printdust

printdust New Member

This was Jimmie's own description of the town to me....

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That's what I thought when I stumbled on this show the other day. The football players were practicing while fasting during Ramadan. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Heaven forbid American Muslims be portrayed as the normal people that they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.