1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lower case

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by trifectarich, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks. I almost posted the same thing earlier. My iPhone autocapitalizes, and I was wondering the exact same thing - it would take effort to post in all lower case.

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I've turned my spellcheck off after 1) a few embarrassing autocorrects 2) rarely spellcheck liked a players name 3) even if I was posting the mistake, the autocomplete feature kept plugging in words I didn't want and I spent more time fixing it then it was worth.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think this all started with thirtysomething.

expendable likes this.
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

*than :)

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I blame Hoops McCann and Tom Petty from SJ yore. #StateoftheBoard

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Jon Bois spins gold in lowercase, though.

As an aside, show of hands: how many on here are blocked by Bomani Jones? I got blocked after one extremely innocuous interaction.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

One of our regulars snotted off to me in an email and then immediately blocked me. Lawyers!

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

ee cummings farts in your general direction.

(But seriously, I totally agree with y'all.)

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I treat social media, texting and e-mail (just for you Mod) just like anything else I write. Full capitalization, punctuation and no abbreviations (unless I'm pushed for space on Twitter) I have done so since I started texting 10 years ago. It took a long time to write messages on a keypad, but I did it. Now that most phones have full keyboards, I don't think there's any excuse to take shortcuts.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

NBA Finals or NBA finals?

Draft saved Draft deleted