1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lovie's out! NFL Black Monday thread (UPDATE: up to seven with Whisenhunt)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 31, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Reid was back at work two days after his son died, he is probably not the kind of guy who is wired to take an entire year off and reflect. Though it would be fun to see him grunt through his answers on TV.

Assuming Carroll and Harbaugh stick around for a while, the NFC West is going to be one hell of a division for the next five years if Reid goes to Arizona. Fisher has something good working in St. Louis too.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing... Between Fisher and all the picks the Rams got in the RG3 deal, one would think the Rams are on the way up. Although, I'm guessing if they could do it all again, they would have picked RG3.

It will be interesting to see if Reid tries to work with Kolb or goes another direction at QB. Either way, I would expect Arizona to be within a game of .500 next season and in playoff contention the following year.

3. printit

printit Member

I think the Rams knew at the time RGIII would be special. I think they just owed Bradford so much in guaranteed money that they couldn't take RGIII. Maybe trading Bradford for next to nothing for someone who would take him, but otherwise, I don't see how.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think too many people were questioning why the Rams made the trade at the time... They got a lot... But now those first round picks are likely to be late first round...

There's a difference between thinking he was going to be special and thinking he would be as good as he was this season.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm guessing those picks are going to be very late first round. Wouldn't have said that if Seattle were hosting instead of traveling.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Agreed. Once you make that kind of commitment to someone, it's difficult to just dump them when the next hot thing comes along. Besides, Bradford hasn't been horrible.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Who's going to talk to him besides Jerry Richardson himself? Panthers still have no GM. And, if Richardson goes about this the way I'd argue he should, the GM should be hired, who then decides Ron Rivera's fate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well! What do you know?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bears/2013/01/03/chicago-bears-want-to-talk-to-colts-offensive-coordinator-bruce-arians-about-head-coaching-job/1807639/

Draft saved Draft deleted