1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lovie benches the Sex Bomb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Sep 25, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

How soon before the Bears start a backfield consisting of Peterson, Benson and Hester?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'd start Randy Orton over Kyle Orton at this rate.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'd start Bob Orton Sr. over Kyle Orton.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He'd just crap in someone's briefcase...

5. Why the hatred for Kyle Orton? He hasn't played since his rookie year, which wasn't horrible if you exclude the five interceptions in his third NFL game. He certainly didn't turn the ball over as much as Grossman.

I'd rather have Orton than Griese if I was rooting for the Bears. Both Grossman and Griese try too hard to make great plays. The Bears will be more successful with a conservative quarterback who can make the low-risk throws without turning the ball over.

Then again, getting rid of your starting running back from last year was a bone-headed move.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think the Bears should have stuck with Grossman for the remainder of the season. And I say that with no vested interest. I swear ... really.

7. Write-brained is dead on. Orton had one game in which he made mistakes. Other than that, he did what he needed to do, hand the ball off, make safe passes and let the defense do its job.

Of course, they don't have the running game they did then.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Where's Bobby Douglas when you need him?

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's unfathomable to me that anyone ever thought Grossman would be a solid NFL quarterback. And despite game after game after game of suckitude, including off-the-charts suckitude in the Super Bowl, he lined up under center to open this season.

I've covered a few football teams, and you can just tell when NO ONE on the team has any confidence in the quarterback. The Bears had to have that look, right? Can a beat guy back me up?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

You know nothing, foaf. :)

I know plenty of Bears fans who blamed Grossman and Grossman only for the Super Bowl loss, but they mostly followed the lead of a lazy national media. The smart ones like us know there was more to the story.

11. Like what? Some cow burned down the city or something?

12. You're right pallister. Lots of Cubs fans blame Bartman, too. And they're wrong, as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted