1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lovie benches the Sex Bomb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Why don't the Bears just hurry up and beat the trade deadline now. Doesn't Philly want to give Kevin Kolb the keys to the machine? ::)

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I associate Rex with sex all the time because well, my opinion of his looks differs greatly from sportschick's, but that is nothing new.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Spot on, DD. Rex took much more of the blame than he should have last year and it basically crushed him. He may be able to get a new start somewhere else and succeed there eventually, but he was set up for failure in Chicago.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Should've retired years ago. Can't hack it anymore.

5. Not sure how he was set up for failure.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Maybe I feel this way because I went to a Philly school, but I don't like the thought of McNabb playing for anyone other than the Iggles. Should Reid let him go, I'd start to ask if he's doing the same blow that got his sons locked up. That would be one of the three worst decisions ever made by the Eagles.

So you can start producing those navy blue # 5 jerseys now.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He's still around? :D

8. after Griese craps out, Orton will be the most popular QB in Chicago.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What's Mike Phipps up to these days?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Grossman was set up for failure by taking ALL the blame last year. It destroyed his confidence, which was evident the last three games. He certainly was his own worst enemy at times, but he was the scapegoat when the Bears ultimately failed in the Super Bowl. The defense played like shit in that game, too, and the running game disappeared after the first couple of series but all anyone remembers or talks about is that Rex played poorly, as everyone said he would.

11. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

I ain't bettin' on that one. The backup quarterback's the most popular guy in town, but not if he's already been exposed as being terrible. It's the illusion of the backup quarterback that's so alluring.

At least the world has seen Griese be good. Now, you could argue he's perfectly average. That would be a significant upgrade for the Bears.

12. Well, this Bears fan didn't blame Grossman for the Super Bowl loss. He was shitty, but he had plenty of company. And I don't recall the majority of people blaming the Super Bowl on Grossman. But, what do I know?

Draft saved Draft deleted