1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lovie benches the Sex Bomb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Sep 25, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

TTIUWO...

[​IMG]

OK, so basically any chance the Bears had at returning to the NFC Championship game are shot. What moves can they make next year? Who are pending FAs and say they get a pick in the middle of the pack, who MIGHT be available then?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I said this to a lot of my friends last year: If the Bears couldn't win it all last year, they were better off losing in the first round of the playoffs. The screwed up the long-term plan by getting to the Super Bowl ahead of schedule. When Grossman imploded on the biggest stage, all the attention and criticism became too much. It's in his head. People forget that he was basically a first-year QB last year. (He didn't help himself with that stupid game against Green Bay where he admitted he was more focused on drinking that game prep.) The expectations became too much when the Bears got to the Super Bowl. Had they lost to the Seahawks, I think he would have been fine this year, and maybe we'd have seen more of Good Rex. But because he got ALL the blame for the Super Bowl, fair or unfair, he couldn't handle it.

Never mind that they made the wrong decision with which running back to keep, Mike Brown got hurt again, and that Adam Archeletta is the most overrated player in the league.

As for free agents, Phila, I'm all for going after McNabb. And it seems like McNabb might be in favor of it too.

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

It's actually the Sex Cannon. Give KSK its due.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It was the Sex Cannon. I've read the site. However, he's now the Sex Bomb.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sex Cannon. Sex Bomb. After the first three games of the 2007 season, is he now the Sex Turnover?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

How anyone associates Rex Grossman with sex is beyond me. He's so unattractive.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thank you.

A million times, thank you.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

When I look at Grossman, I don't associate the word sex because I'm a hetrosexual. The word(s) I associate with Rex Grossman are "bad reads" and "head-scratching decisions" and "interceptions" and "fumbles" and turnovers."

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

WFW, sc. WFW.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Lions over the Bears this sunday baby! ;D

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

McNabb will be behind center in Chi-town next year. Count it.

I hope.

12. Mira

Mira Member

Kyle Orton is a perfectly fine drinker, um, quarterback.

How about that Brett Favre dude?

Draft saved Draft deleted