1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loveland (Colorado) Reporter-Herald seeks non-smoking page designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Sep 3, 2008.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Well, that sounds fantastic. Think there are any PTA meeting I could look in on?
    Truth is, it's good country. Probably closer to Denver's airport than Denver is. A drive from beautiful Estes Park. A lot of newer, affordable homes.
    (Have a family member there)

2. BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit Member

I think it's kinda sad that a paper wouldn't travel with its local DI team. It's hard to cover a beat when you're there half the time and the other beat writer/s are there for every single game.

3. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

they've always traveled with the CSU football team but not for men's or women's basketball. they do cover all the home hoops games.

brohard covers football. let me join in the praise of him too. he's a good dude.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

He just doesn't like smokers.

5. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

yeah, that's it. moron.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm far from a moron but the facts are what they are. He doesn't want a smoker.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

You guys mean, "Moran?"

8. if love_sports does work in loveland, i surely wouldn't want to apply for this job after having him call someone a moron.

just a word of advice, love.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, but the footwear king is a moron, so I'll give him credit for that.

10. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Knowing Mike well, I don't think it's that he doesn't like smokers. Perhaps that's just the company line, for various reasons, as others have alluded to.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Which, if that is the case, is discrimination IMHO.

12. true...took me a while to add two and two together, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted