1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loveland (Colorado) Reporter-Herald seeks non-smoking page designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Sorry Moddy, but just have to ;D ...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2002218/

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

This is the single greatest post I have ever read on this site.

3. BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit Member

How much do they cover Colorado State?

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I don't think they travel with the team, but they have daily coverage otherwise. Or at least used to.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hope they start hiring non-drinkers and non-beef eaters next month.

6. jps

jps Active Member

why? you're out on three strikes there, my friend. think you're outta luck.

7. jps

jps Active Member

eat more bran.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's excellent Bullwinkle. I have a gold star for your next paper.
    But this is a job with a special circumstance in the unusual non-smoking requirement. I think that is worthy of discussion.

9. Love_Sports

Love_Sports Member

there's job postings all the time that ask for certain things. degrees preferred, knowledge of quark preferred, division I beat experience, etc. there's also jobs that say only local candidates need apply.

if a paper in Texas doesn't want a guy from Virginia, so be it. if Loveland doesn't want a smoker, deal with it.

10. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

The smoking issue aside, I would highly recommend not only this job, but the boss under whom the prospective hire would be working. Sports editor Mike Brohard is a helluva guy. He's been at that shop for 16 years, brought in some APSE honors and is great to work for/with.

Yes, it's a 20k or so circ., so it will pay accordingly, but it's a great region in which to live and work.

I left that paper some time ago, but I still know Mike well and could probably help with other details for both the paper and the region (and I'm sure milehigh could, too, since he's been living just down the road the past few years). So feel free to PM me.

11. Glen Rosales

Glen Rosales Member

For those who like hockey, there's a well-funded CHL team and arena in town.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'd love to hear your "do whatever the man tells me" ass when a paper asks for vegetarians only to apply.

Draft saved Draft deleted