1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love The War. Hate The Troops.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Bastards.
    http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/02/TNSreedinspect070227/

Of course, it's not Al Gore's electric bill or anything.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I encourage this kind of thread -- on Sports and News, where someone else has to moderate. 8)

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You know, if these troops really loved America, they wouldn't have gotten themselves maimed. Why should my tax dollars be spent on their healthcare?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thoroughly disappointing to read that, although SOP for military public affairs. And believe me, I know of what I speak. I was part of that mentality for years.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

When I transitioned into PR from journalism, I used an old PAO who directed the post I covered as my role model.

Everything he did, I didn't do.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Good idea.

7. Yeah, but this looks less like SOP and more like CYA. And, therefore, it's not going to fly. I got an e-mail from a Lt. Colonel friend of mine before 8 a.m. today and he was already pissed.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fen...here's a page from the unpublished SOP for military public affairs officers....

Covering your ass is part of the SOP.

9. I think that the A's being C'd are further up the chain of command and don;t wear uniforms.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

True, but protecting the reputation of the hospital/base/unit/army is priority number 1 for many PAOs.

11. It isn't going to work, alley.
    I realize that it's the reflex, but this horse is out of the barn, across the field, and running in the fifth at Evangeline Downs at this poiny.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You have a friend in the military?

I thought you hated America. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted