1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the war, F*** the soldiers, Part II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ah, compassionate conservatism.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/NEWS01/303200033

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Her full column: http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/oh02_schmidt/walter.html

including:
    Assclownery.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Love the yellow ribbon google ad.
    And wasn't she the one who called Murtha a coward?

4. Yes.
    Thanks, Cincinnati.
    You pesthole.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm confused .... nothing new, there.

What did she write that's so outrageous? I mean, where did she say fuck the soldiers? She said the conditions in building 18 were bad, right? But not as bad as people have made it out to be. She's probably right.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's Cincy.

For a big city, that's one hard-right town. Spent enough time there to know it.

They're well-practiced in defending the indefensible, there.

Exhibit A: Pete Rose.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Well, it's not a tent in the Iraq desert, so the building could certainly be worse.

But is that our standard now for treating wounded soldiers? That the situation could be worse?

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm sending these guys and girls to defend this country and asking them to put their life on the line, should some of those people come home with injuries, I would have a real problem with them not receiving the absolute best care available.

Saying that the conditions aren't "as bad" as they've been made out to be is completely outrageous. And I don't give a shit who's saying it -- Republican or Democrat.

These are the guys fighting for this country. And you're gonna skimp on their healthcare? We're paying billions upon billions of dollars to repair Iraq. And you're gonna cut corners with our vets' healthcare?

"Not as bad" should not be a statement associated with the care provided our wounded soldiers. If you don't find that outrageous, I don't know what to tell you.

8. three_bags_full

I think her comments were taken out of context. What she meant, I think, is that the reports of the conditions has been exaggerated.

And the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle -- worse than many think, but not as bad as is being reported.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

No doubt you're right about that TBF, I just think that people are taking an issue with her comments because they feel it diminishes the importance of top-notch health care for these troops. It was a no-win situation for this lady no matter what comment she made.

10. three_bags_full

Exactly right, AA. And no one here misses a jab at a politician, administration, congress, etc.

I'm still trying to construct how she implied "fuck the soldiers" by those comments, though.

11. three_bags_full

Someday, people will learn that politicians are politicians, no matter where they sit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/19/AR2007031901615.html?nav=rss_print/asection

Draft saved Draft deleted