1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the new board split

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment.

Yes, and in your typical psycho fashion you can't ever truly let go of an argument. Grow the fuck up already.

2. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

cram all the politics onto the other board. let those people have at it.

i'll enjoy the movies and tv (and hot women) talk too, but it's nice to be able to just scan for what you want.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Reading (and/or posting on) any web board in the workplace has the potential to lead to Very Bad Things, depending on who you work for. No split will help there.

Just to be sure, I don't do any personal browsing at work anymore. Besides, I have broadband (that I'm certain nobody's spying on) at home.

4. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I'm happy with these changes as long as I can locate the Rump Ranger Boots thread.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I don't like it, but as has been said (by some in major-douchebag fashion), I'll have to live with it.

But, I think this has to be said: I think this change was in direct response to BYH's issues as the fallout shelter.

Sort of an, "you don't like it? Then I'll change it even more. I dare you not to come back."

Maybe I'm off here. But that's what it stinks of to me.

As I said, I love it here, and get uses both personal and professional. So I will deal with the changes. But I'm starting (continuing?) to see BYH's point.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I agree. Do you guys really think it will be that long before all that weird stuff comes up as news?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My only complaint is that not all of the front page fits on my screen anymore. Sigh. Guess I'll have to adapt.

I really don't have a problem with the split. For those of us who surf the site at work, we now no longer have to worry about NSFW topics (I hope) while checking the site for possible sports news breaks, etc.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Always wondered if a Pencil Dick has an Eraserhead.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In the words of Antoine Merriweather and Dwayne Edwards from "Men on Film," hated it!

[​IMG]

10. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Don't like the split personally, but we're not voting are we? In the immortal words of Todd Bertuzzi It is what it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted