1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the new board split

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

You know, not to get up in your shit or anything, but you felt free to express your opinion.

So can the rest of us.

One question to webby, moddy, idaho -- my password won't work now. Am I the only one?

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Agree 100%.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Click the "forgot password" button and get it resent to you. Webby's the only one with the magic key to see what's gone haywire with it.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Whatever the hell that means, my comments are my opinion. They were not directed at you.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think it's great. That is all.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

It means, you shared your opinion earlier and so did others. Just because you don't happen to like the other opinion doesn't mean you have to belittle it by saying that it's stupid because it's not a hike to the other board.

It's more of a personal preference, and I don't think it's cool to belittle it.

That's all.

7. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I don't think I could have put it any better. I'm sorry some of you don't agree with the decision, but I think you'll grow to enjoy it.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hurricane Ernesto and TO fine are on the Anything Goes Board.

There is much, much more grey area now. It is not a more simplified experience.

And, I'm still trying to figure out the line about professionals on this board.... don't we have a Journalism Issues/Jobs splinter board?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Done: The point 21 is making is that Anything Goes was getting somewhat embarrassing and NSFW to read in the workplace, what with all of the threads about clits, etc. Reading a board full of sports discussion at the office is a lot safer, and you can avoid Anything Goes altogether.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're fighting a losing battle here, pube. Best to let it go.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not buying.

It is very easy to divine and skip frivolity.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Ahhh....

The most objectionable of characters on these boards ... other than Redskins bloggers.... crawls from under a rock: the holier than thou ass who tells people when they should exit a thread.

I was out, and then a couple people more chimed in with comment that deserved response.

Draft saved Draft deleted