1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the new board split

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Webby disagrees. Sorry you don't see that. Because you say it wasn't necessary doesn't mean it wasn't necessary.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey, done. If YOU disagree, it goes along way toward "above" thinking it was right. Let's hope it disgusts you to the point of departure.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If I disagree with it, you know, deep down, that it may be a mistake.

But, like I said, deep down.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Personally I thought it was pretty damn necessary. Good for Webby.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Including, of course, a clit (as your first paragraph so eloquently points out).

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Kind of reminds me of when newspapers do a redesign and readers bitch and moan.

It's Webby's world, folks, we just play in it. I just roll with the punches. We should probably all do the same.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

"There are no hereditary kings in America"

Obviously I roll with his brainfarts, as you do, but I'll register my POV when I think it is a particularly good move, or a bad one.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan. I also don't expect it to change.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I don't like the extra navigation. :D

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I like it. Now I'll actually need an excuse to wade through some of the garbage on the anything goes board. My one hope: political threads stay on anything goes.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

'Nuff said.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

See, that's where some of my confusion lies. Because almost every political thread has its beginnings in, well, news. And in a more general sense, threads that start off about sports and news often drift off into nonsense territory, and vice versa, much more so than with journalism topics. (Mea culpa: I didn't like the original journalism only spinoff, but I now see the wisdom in it. This one I'm not so sure about.)

Draft saved Draft deleted