1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love the new board split

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Re: Separating "sports and news" from "anything goes"?

Dude, if I don't like it (around here), it's always "tough noogies."

That people are ON THE RECORD agreeing with me shows you how wayward the move is.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of people who try to use this board for professional reasons other than journalism, who want sports/news and media talk without having to wade through threads on Paris Hilton's goiter, bad dates, hemorrhoid remedies, anal sex, songs from March 1994, and/or how to find a clit. Not being sarcastic, just saying.

We all loved when it was one crazy little board, but now it's huge and diverse. Seems like this is an easier way for everyone to find what they want.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Second.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sorry ... I could not disagree more.

I liked having just two places to look at things. This fragmentation simply means more work.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, no matter which board you choose, there's a thread devoted to this issue. If the threads are merged, I assume the merged thread would go to the Everything Else Goes board.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't like it because it means there will be board nannies shaking their fingers when a thread on the Sacramento Kings devolves into a discussion of 1960s acid rock.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hmmm... so you were in on this, too.

Despite that, I still think it is a step backward.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

You got that right! http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31120/

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

God... you've got me fuming at the thought of Tater's next such intervention.

I just posted on the Hurrican Ernest and Terrell Owens threads.... on the other board.

Clearly news, both of them.

Grrr.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Every time Webby makes a change, we get a ton of bitching and whining both on the board and via PM.
    Every time.
    It becomes food for some ridiculously serious conversation.
    Which is all fine and good.

But I challenge anybody to note a single change that didn't work. Newsjournalists.com doesn't count. That was Webby's New Coke. I'm talking about to this board.

When we went to journalism and anything goes, you would have thought the world ended. It worked out A-OK. This one will, too.

Those who are very much against it do have one clear option. I hope no one takes that but so be it. Webby's track record is pretty damn good.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And it simply wasn't necessary. I'm sorry you don't see that, but that's the way it goes.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yes, shottie.

Pretty pissy response above... from above.

Draft saved Draft deleted