1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love on the Internets: Looking for input UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Magic In The Night, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Re: Love on the Internets: Looking for input

Well, that's comforting. Actually my friends all think I'm crazy but this thing feels more real than anything I've ever experienced.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Was it a Springsteen site?

And I figure you aren't a woman, because like I said, I only know of about 13 on here and three of them are dating someone, so I played the odds.

3. Magic In The Night

Yes, a Springsteen site. I don't think that gives me away.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As far as the thread topic, I used e-harmony for a bit and got to know a couple of girls, but I never got to the point of meeting them. I'm not sure I'd have the balls to do it.

Godspeed.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Magic,

First of all, congratulations! I'm not exactly sure I'm the one who should be giving advice...but I have had two relationships that started online go at least 16 months, so I guess I've got that going for me.

The ONE thing I will stress is this: When distance is a factor, all you have is communication. The phone, texting, IMing, e-mail...THAT'S how you get to tuck her in. It's hard, because you want more, and things can be misconstrued in those forms...but it's all you've got. Make time each day to talk to her. It's more of an effort to call after a long day and hear about her day than it is just to walk into your apartment and have her there...but it's really necessary.

Don't make her feel like she's a burden in your life.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There are way more than 13 chicks on here, dude. It's just that the 10 of us who are single post the most :D

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Because we have nothing better to do? ;)

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Shit I can only think of 11 right now.

9. sportschick

My schedule prevents me from dating or something like that, so yea :D

10. Magic In The Night

Thanks IJAG. We seriously talk every morning before work and every night when we get home. And sometimes briefly while we're at work. There also has been lots of e-mails. So we've got the communication thing down. Once we get the first meeting over with, I think I'll be fine but pretty nervous about that. Unfortunately, if it does go well, it could mean a move for one of us. Oh the 21st Century is so hard. I think they had it easier in the 18th Century when no one moved!

11. sportschick

You, me, ducky, cadet, liesl, rosie, 21, gingerbread, wenders, I digress, carebear, grrlhack (although I don't think she's been here for a while), KG. There are others, but I'm having a brain cramp.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

well, i did say single and i didn't know one of those was female.

Draft saved Draft deleted