1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lou's Pep Talk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Right up there with "Red On Roundball" as one of the all time great half time segments.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I love the one from Week 2, Lou wearing a maize and blue tie, saying, men, don't let Appalachian State beat you two weeks in a row.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's Lou's record on the year? Isn't it like 1-6? And I still don't understand how he did that magic trick with the newspaper. You've got to love the guy.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I poked around the Interwebs and could not find the secret to that trick. At least not for free.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Just watched a few of Lou's Pep Talks on the ol' YouTubes and picked up these gems from the Penn St.-Michigan one:

"There'll be 108,000 people in the stands, but remember this: They're unarmed. ..."

"And remember, Michigan's an arrogant group. They probably do a crossword puzzle with a pen because they think they never make a mistake."

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I liked his bit from last year (or was it the year before?) about how to attack a defense:

"See those guys with all the stickers on their helmets? They get those because they make most of the tackles. Don't run at those guys, run at the guys who don't have any stickers."

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Great segment. ESPN can get one right every now and then.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Once, before I die, I want to hear Lou say "Sarasota."

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

How 'bout "suffering succotash"?

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The first time I interviewed him, a buddy offered me $20 to say my name was "Sebastian Sensabaugh." Shouldadidit.

11. That's what I say every time I hear Dan Dierdorf.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately giving a pep talk to Nebraska is sort of like trying to raise the dead and last time I checked I didn't think Holtz was an excorcist or a priest.....

Draft saved Draft deleted