1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisville's Giacomini gives the F-U to fans, C-J captures touching moment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Central-KY-Kid, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Louisville's Breno Giacomini, a co-captain for the Cardinals, flipped off the Commonwealth Stadium fans prior to his team's loss to the Kentucky Wildcats.

The Louisville Courier-Journal had a photo of it up, but has since taken it down, but not before UK fans could save it to their own galleries.

In the Cardinals' previous game, the starting cornerback flipped off the Louisville home crowd.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

make up your mind.

Is it flicked off or flipped off?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Definitely flipped, in my world.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He was just showing the crowd how many sacks the defense was going to get the rest of the season.

5. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Just another incident, IMO, that indicates Steve Kragthorpe's reign at Louisville is going to be much more John L. Smith than Bobby Petrino.

Smith's teams were always talented but struggled to contain their emotions, blowing games with needless personal fouls and mental mistakes. Petrino, on the other hand, was a strict disciplinarian that didn't let that kind of stuff fly, and his results were pretty damn good.

Kragthorpe's team right now has more incidents like this than they do impressive wins, and that's not a good thing.

It's also mildly funny to me that some Louisville fans are already calling for Kragthorpe's head. In 90 less years and with 7 less championships, Louisville football fans have become a smaller version of their basketball counterparts to the east.

6. CollegeJournalist

It's late. I'm sick. I'm on more medications than I know what to do with. So sorry.

7. CollegeJournalist

I'm trying, man. I'm trying. I tell you what, doing a teleconference with a coach when you have no voice is something you shouldn't try to pull off.

I re-read that sentence and thought, "That's terrible." And I just didn't care.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

flick him off, buck.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Act like you have been ranked before.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Cards, stick to the Shocker.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid, simply freakin' solid.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

As daddy's little girls show us the true shocker.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted