1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisville tips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My brother lived in Louisville, out by Iroquois Park, and I spent a lot of time there when I was in high school. Really enjoyed it, enjoyed my visits there when VCU and Louisville were in the Metro together. Saw Secretariat win the 1973 Derby.

One of the cities I'd move to, too.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Landed in Louisville. So far, I can only rate the airport baggage claim area. I give it a C. Waiting for a coworker on a different flight. Hope she shows up soon, so I can start in on the culinary scene.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Hunter Thompson's childhood home sold several years ago:
    http://tomeblen.bloginky.com/2008/05/07/for-sale-hunter-s-thompsons-childhood-home-bullet-holes-gates-of-hell-not-included-2/

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Forgot today was the UL game. Only figured it out when I saw the streams of people in Louisville garb as I was walking to Doc Crow's Smokehouse. Decided to forgo dinner for the game. I love me some pulled pork, but I'd say it was a great call. Just an all-around fun time.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Frankfort Avenue Beer Depot and Smokehouse comes recommended by at least one well-known Louisville resident sportswriter.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Making a trip to Louisville soon. I was wondering if anyone had restaurant recommendations for the city. Anything changed in the four years since this thread's been active? Pretty set on the activities while we're there, but the food is still up in the air. I have reservations at Varanese one night, but the rest of the plate is completely open. The wife and I are open to any kind of food.

7. Key

Key Well-Known Member

We had a great meal at Proof on Main.

Hermes likes this.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The title of this thread seems like some kind of weird sex thing you'd read about at Urban Dictionary.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I said my wife and I were open to any kind of FOOD, Buck. Food.

(Looks sideways)

We'd...uh...never...uh...be into any...uh..weird sex...uh...thing...and what have you....okay?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted