1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisville tips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Feb 27, 2013.

1. joe

joe Active Member

The beds at the Seelbach are heavenly. But there's no way you can afford a glass of 26-year-old Macallan — not unless you're independently wealthy. It's a sweet bar, though, so get a glass of 12-year-old Macallan and drink in the atmosphere.

Sad to hear that Lynn's closed. Food was good and the bacon wallet was fun.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I appreciate all the tips!
    Creig, I'll be staying at the SpringHill Suties Downtown: https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=&ie=UTF-8&q=springhill+suites+downtown+louisville&fb=1&gl=us&hq=springhill+suites&hnear=0x88690b1ab35bd511:0xd4d3b4282071fd32,Louisville,+KY&cid=0,0,6265957157703614435&ei=ZNEvUd6zHojz2QXr2YCABw&ved=0CM8BEPwSMAA

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It just recently closed, too. That place was awesome.

4. 35in44

35in44 Member

The Bristol Bar & Grille is pretty nice.

5. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Fourth Street Live is just a bunch of bland chains and bright lights. Bardstown is where it's at.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Very underrated city... Slugger Museum and Churchill Downs are both obvious musts.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Wait, the Seelbach closed? Guess Paris Hilton need a new handbag dog.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank you. I hadn't been to Louisville for fun in years, so I wasn't sure I remembered right. But going to Fourth Street is like going to a strip mall. Why?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No. Lynn's closed a few weeks ago. Seelbach is still open, as far as I know.

10. I echo the Bardstown Road/Baxter Avenue sentiments. There's a great pizza chain in town called Wicks. I think the closest one to downtown is the one on Baxter Avenue. And if you are a nerd who likes team trivia -- like me -- they have team trivia on Tuesdays. That starts around 7 or 7:30. I also like the Los Aztecas on Main Street. It's near Seventh Street, I believe. Heine Bros. is a good place to get coffee. There are several of those around town. Graters (a Cincinnati-based chain) and the Homemade Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen (Louisville-based) are great.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Was there for the '96 PGA and still regret not having time to hit the Louisville Slugger museum. Would love to have a bat with my name on it.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Louisville is one of about 7 or 8 cities in the US I would leave my current spot for. Very underrated.

Go to Bardstown.

Draft saved Draft deleted