1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisiana-Monroe football beat writer's beef with Kentucky press box/journos

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Central-KY-Kid, Oct 13, 2014.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

It also doesn't reflect very well on her and how clued-in she is to what her audience wants to read that her previous tidbit blogs generated such little traffic, but it takes a "rip the SEC school" entry to get any kind of traction.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

FWIW, the Monroe website says she's also the Sports Editor.

3. So?

Clicks are clicks.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. Well I guess that settles that, then.

5. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

And how many retweets or shares are from people in the business who are going can you believe this shit got published?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Very few to none, I'd guess. Journalists don't like drawing attention to stuff like this.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

One of the worst trends in recent years is taking fresh college graduates and putting them on the beat of the school they attended. The results can be all too predictable.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw some tweets today from UK writers saying they didn't hear anybody cheering in the press box. I didn't know what they were talking about until now.

9. jeffgreer

jeffgreer New Member

Totally disagree. Quite a few reporters here in Kentucky have commented, including me. (Disclosure: I'm a Louisville beat writer, and the people she was bashing are my friends and colleagues.)

It was incredibly unprofessional for her to write that.

10. Your friends and colleagues are fanboi dorks. Distance yourself while you still have a chance. Tell your bros to ditch te team gear, as well.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Except she went to LSU, not ULM.

12. jeffgreer

jeffgreer New Member

Really solid journalists like (my friends and colleagues) Adam Himmelsbach and Kyle Tucker are far from fanboy dorks. Completely misguided in that comment.

Draft saved Draft deleted