1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis C.K. surrenders to Greta Van Susteren

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Mar 10, 2012.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Wow. Louie C.K. is about the funniest guy out there right now. Greta has no sense of humor.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

She's jealous that people actually watch his show, and Louie didn't even need to get plastic surgery to get viewers

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I like "Louie," but don't get carried away. I'm guessing Greta has a bigger audience.

6. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

i'm hoping louis ck dropped out so he could concentrate on writing the next season of louie. when he was promoting his web-only standup special a few months ago, he had talked about how he was scheduled to begin shooting season 3 in the spring and he hadn't started writing anything yet.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Louis C.K. has a much bigger audience than she does.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe the association should hire Greta's plastic surgeon; he clearly has a great sense of humor.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Louie made his recent stand up special available for purchase online, on his website, for $5. Reportedly it made over $1 million. Call me when someone pays that much to watch Van Susteren talk out of the side of her mouth.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Puhleeze.

Greta's show has been No. 1 in CATV @ 10pm for 10 STRAIGHT YEARS and just last year she signed a highly publicized new contract.

She pulls in at least $5 million a year. At least. Throw in her infomercial work and her speaking engagements, you can double that amount.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Greta shouldn't be going to this dinner either. She should be going to Nevada to blow OJ Simpson. If it wasn't for him no one would know or care who she is.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Louis C.K. I am definitely on his side in this feud or whatever it is...

But they were insane to pick him as a host. I think they make these selections while knowing very little about the comedian. They probably saw him listed as performer of the year and invited him based on that.

Next year they'll probably ask Jim Norton.

Draft saved Draft deleted