1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Sep 25, 2014.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just started watching this on Netflix (Louis C.K.) found him hilarious at times; I liken it kinda of Seinfeld-like with a comedian on a TV show playing a comedian. A bit vulgar at times and he does venture into touchy areas.

Anyone else enjoy this show?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Love it. Each episode is a film. Haven't seen season 3 yet.

The Afghanistan episode with the chick made my eyes wet. As good as anything I've ever seen.

Pound for pound the best show I've watched.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'm way behind as well. The show is incredibly well done, but there are quite a few episodes that are just brutal to watch.

4. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

"Louie" might be my favorite thing that's ever been on television. I've always liked his work, but wasn't a big fan of his other two attempts at TV series. FX gave him full creative control over this one and the results speak for themselves.

It's the most honest (yes, at times, brutally so) program of its kind. It's also very difficult to describe to people, because it's too comedy-based to be called a drama, yet too deep to be dismissed as a television comedy. This seems like it will be one of those programs that has a lasting creative impact that surpasses its ratings (though the critical and awards reception has been strong).

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I tried to watch it and didn't like it at all. The tone is simply too inconsistent for me to the point of incoherency. I know this is a reason that a lot of people like it, and I'm typically not one who minds television shows that make me uncomfortable or challenge me.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Least.Surprising.Post.Ever.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Space after periods, Quizno.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wanted to like it but I gave up on it.
    I give the guy credit for trying something different.

It works when he tries to keep some humor in it. His "this is real" content lacks any real aesthetic point or quality.

I thought the Afghanistan episode was pap.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I want to like the show. I really do. But every time I watch it I just think "meh."

I did like in the first season the episode where the old lady in his building answers her door naked. I kept thinking she looked familiar and then realized it was the same actress (Kathleen Butler) who played the older Kit in the scenes at the Hall of Fame in A League of Their Own.

Draft saved Draft deleted