1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Louie" on FX — Anyone watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Which network airs the uncensored version?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Watching the show has me whistling that 'Brother Louie' song all the time the last few days.
    This morning, as I was walking the dog, I started wondering: Does the IUPUI band play 'Brother Louie' at sporting events?

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

5. John

John Well-Known Member

The arrival of Louie has made up for a very disappointing season of Rescue Me so far.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think Rescue Me is pretty damn good this season. Then again, I'm a blind homer in that department. It very well could be shit, but I still enjoy the piss out of it.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Cable networks have really saved television. We're seeing great series staying on the air because they're willing to stick by quality shows that are underperforming in the ratings in the first few seasons.

No way that Mad Men, Breaking Bad, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Louie, etc. survive their first seasons on network television.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No way that Sunny MAKES it on TV on a network.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I guess I just find a lot of the family issues old and uninteresting at this point, and I'm not laughing near as much as I used to.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Point taken, but with a few tweaks, it's much more likely to get on network TV than two guys cooking meth (Breaking Bad) and a guy who segregates a bus between black and white children on a field trip (Louie).

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Never seen Breaking Bad or Louie.

12. AD

AD Active Member

ditto on louis rescuing 'rescue me'. that show has gone dark -- and bad -- faster than any great show i've ever seen. it's as if the writers decided they wanted to stay away from all the great insane male banter, crawl into an endless AA meeting and get 'sopranos-mad men'-heavy in a bid to pick up all the emmys they should've won two years ago. too bad. but last night's 'louie'? with the hated mom who announced her lesbianism? i was on the floor...

Draft saved Draft deleted